Guru
I am roaming around in short of words.
I wonder how can a sea be explained?
How can a sky be loved ceaselessly?
How can I thank you enough for being my teacher?
From being an epitome to a friend
you excelled.
From accepting me to teaching me
you did it with dedication.
A plethora of love you wither
on our curious heads and hearts.
To foster the Muse of music
hidden in our vocal chords.
I failed to value my capabilities
you watered my abilities to become a talent.
I didn't knew I could be a good listener,
but you made me!
I didn't knew that I could ever have concerts -
in my life atleast once.
You made that too happen.
I struggled to learn
but you dedicated yourself to teach.
What should I call you?
A teacher, no Guru !
The one who always saw the raw me.
The one who always says to improve, improve and improve.
Because all the one around
were flattering.
And,
You made me realise the real capabilities of mine.
Because you are my Guru.
(I wish English was more respectful
that I could avoid this 'you'and add
a word way more respectful.)
First of all I wish you a very happy birthday to you Sir. I have always heard about the mobility of life, it moves around and around with twists and turns. With each passing person life changes, and you are one such persons who have changed my life completely. I would thank myself for taking the decision of coming to your door steps of knowledge amidst the frightening comments of people. I consider myself the luckiest being on this universe gifted with all the fortunes and a Guru. Sir it is a previlige for me to say that I am your student. I remember the first day of class and I was very frightened but everything vanished with your introduction on how strict you are. That still reverberates in my ears. I haven't seen anyone dedicating their precious time and energy for making me understand the concept and that you did with the full power and love.
I came to you as an empty vessel with the most noise. Your music classes and the lessons for life made my noise to become a voice and that is stored in my conscience. You inspired me, influenced me to be a good listener intially, before a musician. The lessons that each musician gives matters me a lot now. The world is full of fame, arrogance and show off amidst you stand as the purest version of the person holding the passion straight ahead. I don't know how in the crowd of people singing together you identify my flaws and corrects me, that has always amazed me. Sir I can't now imagine a life without music and you, because you have gifted me the fruit and goal of my life. I can't thank you enough for these blessings. I still remember that line in the kriti Rama Mantrava japiso where in charanam I sang correctly and you said Aaaa, that's my first token of appreciation from you and second was when I sang the Manodharma Swaram of Bhairavi and the charanam of Balagopalam. I felt like the happiest moment in my life. Thank you sir for being the best of the best teacher and a motivator. They way you immersed yourself for teaching me Balagopalam is speechless. Today if I can sing anything that's only because of you. I wish you the choicest blessings of God, Sir.
#Gratitude is my Attitude ๐
Life speaks I write๐